Error 99999 when changing a field's domain to another

Jump to solution
04-22-2019 07:05 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm looking at cleaning up the domain lists in the Utility Network asset package before starting to add new coded domains that apply to our organisation.

I have copied & pasted some of the existing domains (eg. ElectricTransmission_6_AssociationStatus) and called it 'Electric_AssociationStatus' to cleanup the misleading names, ease for future reference (eg. no transmission domain network in the model), etc.

When in the Feature Class 'Fields' editing view, I select the new domain from the list

After making the change, click the 'Save' button and the error occurs.

Other domains assigned to fields I have been able to change without an issue (eg. nominalvoltage)

Has anybody else had this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

These are system maintained fields, so don't modify the domains assigned to them. Even if you could modify them, apply asset package would ignore it since they are recreated by the system.

The naming convention is <UN Name>_<UN DSID>_<domain name>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

These are system maintained fields, so don't modify the domains assigned to them. Even if you could modify them, apply asset package would ignore it since they are recreated by the system.

The naming convention is <UN Name>_<UN DSID>_<domain name>

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Paul,

Thanks for the clarification. It's just my OCD coming out. As you mentioned the domains names get changed when deployed but did thought the naming of the domains wouldn't be in a bit of a mess with old network domain name lying around.

0 Kudos