Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Assistant: INTERSECTING_FEATURE doesn't work with split and there is a relationship using the field to copy.

01-04-2019 08:18 AM
JeremiahMartin
Occasional Contributor

Michael Miller attributeassistant‌

I have Attribute Assistant configured to copy a ServiceID (Foreign Key field) from one Intersecting Service Pipe to another Intersecting Service Pipe.  This works correctly when placing a new Service Pipe feature; however, I get inconsistent results when splitting an existing Service Pipe feature.  If the ServiceID field has a value that doesn't link to a record, it will work correctly and copy the ServiceID to the new Service Pipe feature that gets created by the split.  However, if the ServiceID field has a value that does link to a record, the value is not copied.

In the AA code,

sourceFeature.get_Value(sourceField) returns null if there is a linked record, but returns the ServiceID value when I put in a ServiceID that doesn't match a record.

Is this a bug, or does anyone know a way to work around this?

Here is the exact configuration:

TABLENAMEFIELDNAMEVALUEMETHODVALUEINFOON_CREATEON_CHANGEON_CHANGEGEOON_MANUALRUN_WEIGHTCOMMENTS
P_ServiceServiceIDINTERSECTING_FEATUREP_Service|ServiceID101010
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Just reviewing the issue, looks like I did not fix it, and it is something I cannot fix

https://github.com/Esri/local-government-desktop-addins/issues/224

0 Kudos
JeremiahMartin
Occasional Contributor

OK, so I tested changing this value from "False" to "True" and it still doesn't work.  The fields that do not have a relationship class with a link record work correctly, but the ServiceID field doesn't.  For example, my InServiceDate and InServiceYear will copy to the newly created split feature, but the ServiceID does not.

0 Kudos