Attribute Assistant: INTERSECTING_FEATURE doesn't work with split and there is a relationship using the field to copy.

01-04-2019 08:18 AM
JeremiahMartin
New Contributor II

Michael Miller attributeassistant‌

I have Attribute Assistant configured to copy a ServiceID (Foreign Key field) from one Intersecting Service Pipe to another Intersecting Service Pipe.  This works correctly when placing a new Service Pipe feature; however, I get inconsistent results when splitting an existing Service Pipe feature.  If the ServiceID field has a value that doesn't link to a record, it will work correctly and copy the ServiceID to the new Service Pipe feature that gets created by the split.  However, if the ServiceID field has a value that does link to a record, the value is not copied.

In the AA code,

sourceFeature.get_Value(sourceField) returns null if there is a linked record, but returns the ServiceID value when I put in a ServiceID that doesn't match a record.

Is this a bug, or does anyone know a way to work around this?

Here is the exact configuration:

TABLENAMEFIELDNAMEVALUEMETHODVALUEINFOON_CREATEON_CHANGEON_CHANGEGEOON_MANUALRUN_WEIGHTCOMMENTS
P_ServiceServiceIDINTERSECTING_FEATUREP_Service|ServiceID101010
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

There is an option to suspend the AA on split, can you check that in the loaded.aa.config file?

0 Kudos
JeremiahMartin
New Contributor II

The key "OnCreateWhenSplit"  has it's value set to "False".  Should I change this to "True"?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I was thinking of something else, but I do not see that option. Could you activate the log file and maybe that can help us narrow it down. How are you splitting the service line? Does not make sense that get_value is not getting the value when split, unless the new feature is not getting is ID carried over because of the 1:M relationship. If you split a main that has a valid ID, with the AA turned off, do the resulting 2 features have the same ID, hence violating the 1:M relationship?

0 Kudos
JeremiahMartin
New Contributor II

Let me try to explain the data model a little better:

There is a table called P_ServicesSummary.  This table gets a uniqueid called ServiceID generated by Attribute Assistant.  There is a 1:M relationship between P_ServicesSummary (Origin) ServiceID (PK) to the feature class P_Service(Destination) ServiceID (FK).

If the P_Service feature that I am splitting has a ServiceID value that matches a ServiceID in the P_ServicesSummary, it will return null as the value; however, if I enter "dumb data" into the ServiceID field like "12345", so there isn't a matching record in P_ServicesSummary table.  The get value will return the "12345" and copy it to the newly created service feature correctly.

I will send the log information shortly.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Please do and a small sample dataset would help. I can run through it in a debugger and see what is going on. What version of the AA are you using. This sounds oddly familiar.

0 Kudos
JeremiahMartin
New Contributor II

I have attached two log files.  One where I am splitting the line with a valid relationship, ServiceID = 007000026, and one where I entered an invalid one, ServiceID = 12345. You can see that when the ServiceID = 007000026 the AA returns Null/Empty String, but when it's 12345 it correctly returns 12345.

I am still working on getting you a small dataset.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Don’t see the logs, just email me at mmiller@esri.com<mailto:mmiller@esri.com>. I am off all next week, so will be a delay

0 Kudos
JeremiahMartin
New Contributor II

I believe it is the latest version as of June 27, 2018, as that is when I downloaded it from Git.  I don't think there have been any new releases since January 8, 2018.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Ahh, can you try the version in the preview builds. I knew this sounded familiar?

Check out this issue:

https://github.com/Esri/local-government-desktop-addins/issues/224

preview builds

https://github.com/Esri/local-government-desktop-addins/tree/dev/PreviewBuilds

0 Kudos