WAB Dev edition "deploy app on your web server"

07-30-2020 12:19 PM
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I installed Web App Builder 2.15 earlier this year and am able to run it, customize apps, etc. However, I am losing my mind over how stuck I am on this seemingly simple step in this documentation for deploying said customized app. I download the app and unzip the file. But then what the heck do I actually do to deploy it on our web server? When I run WAB locally, it is an 'unsecure' browser url containing my machine name running in Chrome. I don't understand how downloading the app, deploying it to the sever, and THEN editing config files etc works. We are running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 with Portal and use a SAML authentication. I'm the only one that would be using WAB / developing any apps to then share out for our other org users. It also is not entirely clear to me if I do need to use a proxy or not, and if so, how to even determine what the proxy would be. The use proxy documentation did not make any sense to me. 

Clearly I am not a developer and feel this must be a very stupid question! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Ingrid Mans

If you are running IIS then you want to put the folder in your inetpub\wwwroot on the server. 

0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

the unzipped folder containing the app, you mean? On the enterprise hosting server/arcgis server? 

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Ingrid Mans‌ 

Yes the unzipped folder. What ever server your web adapter is located on. 

0 Kudos