Select to view content in your preferred language

Reading gdb file containing utility network model data

10-19-2023 10:18 PM
VikasGanesh
New Contributor II

Hi Team,

I am new to ArcGIS, I have a gdb file containing utility network model, now my task is to create an standalone commandline application using any programming language like Java, C++,Qt or C# to read this gdb file in offline. Basically i want to read all the feature classes inside that gdb file utility model.

1. Suggest me which API's or SDK should i need to use to read this gdb file containing utility network data?

2. Is it possible to provide some hints or code snippets or API reference to achieve this task.

Any support in this regard is very helpful...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

Hi. Since you're going to create a standalone commandline application I would suggest you look into ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET. There are even some samples regarding Utility Network on the website. Here's a sample on how to display feature layers from a service or geodatabase: 

Display feature layers | ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET | ArcGIS Developers

Good luck!

0 Kudos
VikasGanesh
New Contributor II

Thanks, I have started to use ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET as suggested .

But I have a doubt, Is it possible to read the .gdb file directly or do I need to convert to mobile geodatabase file (.geodatabase) first.

I could able to find the examples of reading .gdb file directly using ArcGIS Pro SDK but not in ArcGIS Map SDK.

So, Can I use ArcGIS Pro SDK instead of ArcGIS Map SDK for .NET .

0 Kudos