Select to view content in your preferred language

"i" support tables out of sync with feature class tables

01-22-2024 02:50 AM
ViktorSafar
Occasional Contributor II

We have a Postgres backed geodatabase which among other things has a few non-spatial tables (statskogsmaavilt in the example below). 

These tables have been written to by using raw SQL statements - which, I suspect, created a problem.

I am now using the REST API to write into the non-spatial tables and am getting exceptions like 

Unable to perform applyEdits operation. Error: Underlying DBMS error [ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "r129_sde_rowid_uk"
DETAIL:  Key (rid)=(471) already exists. (X.Y.statskogsmaavilt)::SQLSTATE=23505] [StatskogSmaavilt].

I suspect the "i" support table's base_id / last_id is out of sync with what is actually in the given table.

Is there a way to correct this?

I have observed how the data in the "i" table change when I ran applyEdits on a table that is not corrupted but I could not find a pattern (sometimes it would create a new object with objectid of base_id and increment the  base_id in the "i"  table but other times it would increment by ~40 or use a value that is lower than the current value of  base_id )

I also inspected the relevant  sde.iXY_get_ids function and concluded it should just simply increment but that was contradictory to what I observed above.

2 Replies
HaseebAnwar
New Contributor II

Facing the same problem. @ViktorSafar did you find a solution to this?

0 Kudos
HaseebAnwar
New Contributor II

One workaround is to adjust the id sequence in the index tables manually. Find the ID table by looking at the index name, which in the above case is "r129_sde_rowid_uk". Looking at the name, take 129 and query the table i129. This table i29 holds the last and next objectid for the index named "r129_sde_rowid_uk".

Once you find the index table, you must update the new index to your desired number. After updating, the feature class will use your provided ID next time.

Changing ArcGIS maintained tables directly is not recommended so please create a backup before making any change and please proceed with CAUTION.

0 Kudos