File Geodatabase Git

04-06-2018 06:39 PM
RobertStevens
Occasional Contributor III

1. If one tries to download the source as z ipped file one gets a truncated (and thus unusable) archive

2. The web page makes reference to precompiled versions of this SDK with no indication of where those zip files may be found.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you provide a link to the page where you are having troubles downloading the source as zipped?

0 Kudos
RobertStevens

//github.com/Esri/file-geodatabase-api

0 Kudos
RobertStevens

Dan

Thanks for that. Your email has a URL with the links that let me download.

The page I was visiting referenced those same files, but they were

not links, just text, and gave no indication of where those files could

be found.

I have visited the URL you gave, and have been able to download the

file I sought.

Ty

Rob Stevens

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

glad it worked out Robert

0 Kudos
RobertStevens

The page I am looking at refers to many different files e.g. FileGDB_API_1_5_1-64clang.zip

but none of these references are links. I see no way to navigate to those files as presented to me on the web page

(I would rather use a pre-compiled download, but given I could not find, downloaded the source zip instead only to find that the zip file was corrupt -- or incomplete)

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I can download the ZIP file you reference both by clicking the Download button and View Raw link.  I open the ZIP files and they are fine, no corruption.  Have you tried a different browser or clearing the cache on your browser?

0 Kudos
RobertStevens

It seems that I misunderstood the use of the download button. I expected that the files named in the instructions would actually be be links. I suppose one is supposed to click the appropriate API in the left hand column, and this will then display links to the actual archive files that can be downloaded. I merely clicked the clone or download button: this obviously does not do what I expected.

0 Kudos