Experience Builder - JIMU UI elements does not have dynamic reset methods, how to reset them(conventional ways not working)

09-01-2021 07:03 AM
MahenderSingh
New Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

We are using ArcGIS Experience Builder 1.3 release for developing application that works with ArcGIS server services and Portal for ArcGIS but we are facing problems with JIMU UI components and Widget to Widget communication.

Case 1: We are trying to dynamically change the state of JIMU UI Check box from one widget but it seems like conventional way document.getElementById (“CHKBX_ID”).checked=false is not working for JIMU UI Checkbox. Our logic makes it kind of compulsory to use JIMU UI Checkbox instead of conventional input type checkbox’.

• Can someone please suggest the method to uncheck or check the checkboxes of JIMU UI from Typescript or JavaScript?

Case 2: On Unchecking or Checking the checkbox we also want to call the eventlistner function that is attached to the ‘onChange’ of the element but it seems when we are dynamically or programmatically changing the state of checkbox it doesn’t calls the ‘onChange’ of the element.

• Can someone please suggest how to initiate onChange of an element when the state is changes programmatically from JS?

Case 3: We need to call a function present in one widget from another widget in the same application but it seems widget communication documentation only show’s how to pass the data not the methods/functions.

• Can someone please suggest how to initiate method from one widget which is a part of another widget from JS?

Thank you all

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gordon_Aberdeen
New Contributor III

How did you solve this.  I am seeing the same behaviour with the jimu-ui Switch in Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
chapmunnhsc
New Contributor III

@Gordon_Aberdeen did you figure this out?

0 Kudos
Gordon_Aberdeen
New Contributor III

I didn't bother with the jimu-ui widgets and went for standard <div> and <input> widgets.

0 Kudos
chapmunnhsc
New Contributor III

@Gordon_Aberdeen, got it. Thanks for the reply. I'm going to have to rip out the MultiSelect instances and do the same thing.

0 Kudos