EsriRegAsm refuses to register my server DLL!

Jump to solution
04-17-2015 11:10 AM
MichaelEber
Occasional Contributor

I'm on an old system with a new hard drive.  We had to start from scratch from OS to all software installed.

ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 has been installed and configured.

ArcGIS Explorer 2055 has been installed and has accessed our servers without issues.

Running Windows 8.1 with latest updates, Visual Studio 2013, Visual Studio 2012, and all the .NET framework versions.

I have a GeoProcessing Service which used to register on this machine and it also registers on the server.

When I try to register it on my client it just says Registration Failed.  How the heck am I supposed to find out why this is happening?  I get no further messaging to determine why it is broken!!!  Any help greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelEber
Occasional Contributor

We've used 2013 for quite some time in development with ESRI.  To ESRI, "compatibility" means they have created the templates and such so that you can create a new project in VS.

What we found is that ESRI goes way beyond just doing a registration.  We had to make our database configurations correct from where I was located to make them visible to the registration process.  Then it finally worked.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I don't know if this is your problem but I don't think your version of ArcGIS is compatible with your version of Visual Studio. If you look here you'll see they talk about visual studio 2010.

I know I had problems with my machine at work when I upgraded to 10.3 I had to install the latest version of Visual Studio so I could see the help. I posted a Q&A here.

MichaelEber
Occasional Contributor

We've used 2013 for quite some time in development with ESRI.  To ESRI, "compatibility" means they have created the templates and such so that you can create a new project in VS.

What we found is that ESRI goes way beyond just doing a registration.  We had to make our database configurations correct from where I was located to make them visible to the registration process.  Then it finally worked.

0 Kudos