Select to view content in your preferred language

Developing an SOI

09-10-2021 07:51 AM
GeoByteGeoGuy
New Contributor

Hi all.

I'm trying to develop a Server Object Interceptor (SOI) with .Net and getting nowhere with my problem.

To start I have just built the NetLayerAccessSOI sample and deployed the .soe file to my server.

My server was a vanilla ArcGIS Server build that only has the default SampleWorldCities service enabled.  I could attach the SOI to that service in the capabilities section of the service settings and then use VS 2017 to debug the requests and see what's going on.  Brilliant 🙂

I then went a bit further and created my own map (Map1) in ArcGIS Pro (2.7.1) with a single layer (California airports from the EnterpriseSDK sample data - it's a feature class in a file geodatabase.  When I publish this as a service to my server, the capabilities section no longer has any options for assigning the SOI to the service - although the SampleWorldCities still seems to have it.  Not so brilliant 😞

What am I doing wrong?

My build is:

• all on a single Windows 10 Pro virtual machine with 16GB RAM and 4xvCPU (Xeon E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz) - patched to version 20H2, build 19042.1165.  It is running in a domain.
  • I am using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition.
  • ArcGIS Server Standard 10.6 (NOTE: Not ArcGIS Enterprise)
  • ArcGIS EnterpriseSDK 10.7.1 (I know this should be the same as the server however you can change the assemblyInfo.cs to target 10.6 and this seems to work)
  • ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3

Also, does anyone know if an SOI could be made to work with FeatureServers and not just MapServers and ImageServers as per the documentation?

Cheers in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies