coordinate obfuscation

05-02-2021 05:33 PM
reporterma
New Contributor II

Hi , we need to process data for clients before uploading to Esri via API. Is there a ready way like this, please?  Client has the coordinate shifted( or by more sophisticated algorithm), ArcGIS Server or Online is aware of this shift. We handle data as normal and API calls to Esri shift coordinate back to true.

Or any other method to insulate 3rd part contractor would be helpful.

If no such solution, please move this post to IDEA. From a developer's point of view, this feature can really make Esri stand out from open source solutions.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I'd also recommend a mutating polymorphic encryption with quantum entanglement.

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@reporterma did you take a look at https://github.com/koopjs/koop, can this do what you are looking for?

--jf
reporterma
New Contributor II

Shows 404...

0 Kudos
skarri
by
New Contributor II

@John-Foster Thank you for your post. 
Do you see any security risks with that being opensource ( KOOP JS) and handling some of the risk data where opensource is most vulnerable? 

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
reporterma
New Contributor II

Thank you John. I had a good look at Koop. In Architecture, I need some middleware/server like this, but Koop is way over what I need and I can probably code something basic to function the shift by myself... As I said, open source is not a solution and I need some "trustworthy"(by red tapes) big brother as a middle man to shift the data.

Thank you anyway.

0 Kudos