Is there a way to lookup or detect if the ESRI Imagery Basemap service is down? We have an automated system that exports an mxd to pdf. If the Imagery service is down, the 'export to pdf' step simply stalls out. I need a way to programmatically detect the health of the imagery service prior to the export step. That way, I can switch the mxd to use a different basemap on-the-fly, thereby keeping our automated system from stalling out. Any help appreciated.
Just got off the phone with Tech Support, tried a bunch of tricks to no avail, they said they'd get back to me. We cannot add basemap to our maps, and maps that already have them turned on will not open.
Yes, it's pretty clear their service is currently down. I've tested from multiple geographic locations. I'm interested to hear what they say as I need some way to programmatically detect this.
Here is the official website to see the status of ArcGIS Online services; https://trust.arcgis.com/en/system-status/
If you are experiencing an issue that is not noted on the website, I would highly recommend contacting Technical Support and have them investigate.
I am not sure of a way to do it programmatically. I just tested within ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3 and the basemaps are working ok for me.
I contacted Tech Support about ArcMap, we're currently using 10.6. Our AGO and Pro is working just fine as you found also. Support had me reset a few things, but ultimately let me go to research further. He suggested adding in basemaps to ArcMap from AGO instead of Add data>Add Basemap, however, my co-worker was not even able to open an mxd that had the aerial imagery turned on.
Thanks. Yes, I've seen https://trust.arcgis.com/en/system-status/ however, it doesn't seem to be catching the current issue.
I haven't tested Pro, but have tested 10.7 and 10.8 in multiple East Coast locations. The service still seems to be down for us.
I just tested within ArcMap 10.8.1 and it seems to be not working correctly. It has ArcMap locked up, not sure of any issues.
The status page updates if there is a confirmed system wide issue.
I am located on the East Coast also.
Well now mine works but I did not do anything special in the last few minutes. Tech Support had me rename a few files like "Local_OLD" so it would create a new one when I opened ArcMap back up, but that was 30min ago. (Not to mention all my saved symbology is gone)
I tested this morning in ArcMap 10.8.1 and it was working. Not sure what the issue was yesterday. There are many factors that go into it.
Also note that I am not on an internal Esri network when testing this.