ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server (Linux) Installation

Jump to solution
05-28-2015 11:30 AM
VictorVelasquez
New Contributor II

Hi,

Recently I configured a linux (Ubuntu) ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 in AWS using an AMI that ESRI shared with my company, now we need ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server, I download from EDN but when I ran the installation script I got this message:

$ ./Setup.sh

Please wait while ArcGIS 10.3 GeoEvent Extension for Server is being installed...

A valid product for this setup was not detected.

AJA  * Valid product: ArcGIS 10.3 for Server

This install will now exit.

Then, I edit Seup.sh file and change 10.3 by 10.3.1 to allow the installation, I ran the script again and the installation was sucess, then I authorize the server and start the service ArcGISGeoEvent-service.

The problem now is I cannot locate the manager for GeoEvent Extension:

https://<my-server>:6143/geoevent/manager/  >>> No service was found.

When I go to the servers extencion I did not see any installed extension:

Screenshot. Sharing. 

PLease helpme with that.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregTieman
Esri Contributor

Victor, not sure the ramifications of modifying the install Setup.sh file and changing the version number in order to get it installed.  This is definitely not recommended and will result in a non-functioning product, likely the reason you're not able to access GeoEvent Manager.  Each release has different files, properties, etc associated with it.  In addition it will be harder to guarantee a successful uninstall of GeoEvent Extension 10.3 now that the setup has been modified to 10.3.1 since there are dependencies with ArcGIS Server, etc.

So, two options (#1 is recommended):

1. Create/get a new AMI that is clean without any ArcGIS software and install ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server and ArcGIS 10.3.1 GeoEvent Extension for Server (once you get access). Open any ports as necessary.
  2. If #1 is not an option, follow the steps below to try to clean up the GeoEvent Extension environment (again, it cannot be guaranteed this will fix any issues):
    1. Uninstall GeoEvent Extension by executing: <ArcGIS Server Location>/uninstall_GeoEvent.sh
      1. If that works, the GeoEvent directory should be gone from the <ArcGIS Server Location>. Skip to step #b.
      2. If GeoEvent directory still exists in the <ArcGIS Server Location>, delete it.
    2. Delete ~/.esri/GeoEvent/config.<machinename>.<domain>
    3. Install GeoEvent Extension.
    4. Configure GeoEvent daemon. Refer to http://server.arcgis.com/en/geoevent-extension/latest/install/linux/installing-geoevent.htm

For additional information, see the GeoEvent Extension Linux install guide.

Hope that helps!

Greg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Victor,

Can you confirm that the security groups that this AMI belongs to in AWS has port 6143 open?

-Danny

0 Kudos
VictorVelasquez
New Contributor II

Hi have opened all ports for testing purposes:

735df69bf645dfa7a498c2d4e3c17b6bc9b956e8ba.png

0 Kudos
GregTieman
Esri Contributor

Victor,

The versions of ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server must be the same.  Based upon your description, looks like you have ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 installed and tried to install GeoEvent Extension 10.3, which will not work.  You will need to install GeoEvent Extension 10.3.1.

Greg

GregTieman
Esri Contributor

Victor,

As a follow up to my previous post, I just saw your attached screenshot. To clarify, the 'Extensions' tab in ArcGIS Server Manager is not where you would add/manage ArcGIS for Server extensions like the GeoEvent Extension. This page is where you manage any custom server object extensions (SOEs) and server object interceptors (SOIs) that you can create (refer to the description on that page).

GeoEvent Extension can be licensed during the installation process or after using the Software Authorization Wizard.

Hope that helps!

Greg

0 Kudos
VictorVelasquez
New Contributor II

Hi @GregTieman I did not find 10.3.1 version, I download GeoEvent Extension from same place I can download the ArcGIS Server https://my.esri.com/#/edn/downloads/ArcGIS%20for%20Server%20Enterprise%20(Linux)/10.3

Is there any place to Download 10.3.1 version?

About you second answer, I installed from command line and activate the license for Geo Event Extension but I cannot get access to the server via https://52.27.32.223:6143/geoevent/manager/

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
DanielUrbach
Occasional Contributor II

Victor, if you can't find the 10.3.1 download under your EDN subscription, you may want to contact Esri customer service, they should be able to get you access to that, or at least let you know why it's not there in the first place.

0 Kudos
GregTieman
Esri Contributor

Victor, not sure the ramifications of modifying the install Setup.sh file and changing the version number in order to get it installed.  This is definitely not recommended and will result in a non-functioning product, likely the reason you're not able to access GeoEvent Manager.  Each release has different files, properties, etc associated with it.  In addition it will be harder to guarantee a successful uninstall of GeoEvent Extension 10.3 now that the setup has been modified to 10.3.1 since there are dependencies with ArcGIS Server, etc.

So, two options (#1 is recommended):

1. Create/get a new AMI that is clean without any ArcGIS software and install ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server and ArcGIS 10.3.1 GeoEvent Extension for Server (once you get access). Open any ports as necessary.
  2. If #1 is not an option, follow the steps below to try to clean up the GeoEvent Extension environment (again, it cannot be guaranteed this will fix any issues):
    1. Uninstall GeoEvent Extension by executing: <ArcGIS Server Location>/uninstall_GeoEvent.sh
      1. If that works, the GeoEvent directory should be gone from the <ArcGIS Server Location>. Skip to step #b.
      2. If GeoEvent directory still exists in the <ArcGIS Server Location>, delete it.
    2. Delete ~/.esri/GeoEvent/config.<machinename>.<domain>
    3. Install GeoEvent Extension.
    4. Configure GeoEvent daemon. Refer to http://server.arcgis.com/en/geoevent-extension/latest/install/linux/installing-geoevent.htm

For additional information, see the GeoEvent Extension Linux install guide.

Hope that helps!

Greg

0 Kudos
VictorVelasquez
New Contributor II

Hi,

I just download the 10.3.1 version and comment Setup.sh the validation because the installer stops because I already has a version installed:

#       Check if current version of GeoEvent already installed

# if [ "x${GeoEventInstallDir}x" != "xx" ] && [ -d ${GeoEventInstallDir} ]

# then

#        echo ${DETECTED_ANOTHER_VERSION}

#        echo

#       echo ${THIS_INSTALL_WILL_NOW_EXIT}

#       exit 1

# fi

I ran the setup.sh script again and the installer uninstall the previous version and install the latest verision.

Thanks four your help.

0 Kudos