Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade: GetFeatureSetInfo function not defined error

Jump to solution
11-30-2022 04:05 PM
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

No matter the profile I use the GetFeatureSetInfo function returns a function not defined error in ArcGIS Online and the Arcade play ground.

JustinReynolds_0-1669853023893.png

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

ESRI was able to reproduce the issue and it has been logged as a bug.  

BUG-000154538

JustinReynolds_0-1671148393864.png

- Justin Reynolds, PE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

FeatureSet functions | ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS Developers

says

$layer originates from a feature service layer in a web map

is that the case? or should it be

$featureset originates from a feature class in a filegdb or mobilegdb

GetFeatureSetInfo($featureset)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

Hey Dan,

Yes, the $layer originates from a feature service layer in a web map (it is a hosted feature service in AGOL).

Passing invalid arguments wouldn't present an error until code execution.

In this case, it just can't find the built-in function.  It never makes it to the point of checking for missing arguments because it doesn't recognize that the function exists (in a profile that supports said function).

In the new Arcade Editor, you don't see an issue until the code tries to compile.  Then you get the compilation error: "Compilation error - Line : x, y: Function not found".  It like calling a user defined function before you define it.

Is this function just Broken at the moment?  I think it might be.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Release notes | ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS Developers

new as of arcade 1.18 April 2022

perhaps yours isn't up to date 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

Yea I saw that as well. 

This is the same error that you would get if you tried to use an Arcade function that isn't supported in your current Arcade version.

So, I would expect to have this  issue in Enterprise (since we are using 10.9.1), but in this case I'm in AGOL, which should always be current. AGOL should be using Arcade 1.20 (November Release).

This issue is also present in the ArcGIS Arcade Playground if you want to test it out there.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

ESRI was able to reproduce the issue and it has been logged as a bug.  

BUG-000154538

JustinReynolds_0-1671148393864.png

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
JoeEastman1
New Contributor II

Justin,

Any updates on this bug? I'm running into this same issue with ArcGIS Online. I'm stuck at the moment without this functionality. Just curious if this will be making its way into the next update by any chance.

Thanks!

Alex_at_Exprodat
New Contributor II

The bug is listed at BUG-000154538 for ArcGIS Online (esri.com) but now shows the "Non-Reproducible" status. It does not seem to be throwing the error in the Playground | ArcGIS Arcade | ArcGIS Developers anymore, so it makes sense given the bug is associated with ArcGIS Online.

However, it is giving me Compilation error - Function not found on the GetFeatureSetInfo function in Enterprise 11.1 (Arcade 1.20, where the function was introduced at 1.18). So it looks like we may have to submit a separate bug report on it.

@JoeEastman1 it should be fixed already if you're on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Regular Contributor

It looks like they waited 18 months to try to reproduce it; had they not waited perhaps they would have been able to.  The last updated date is April 9, 2024.

11.1 came out a year ago and my guess is that the function was not fixed at that point in AGO so the fix didn't make it there.  Perhaps someone on 11.2 could check if it has been fixed at that release.  11.3 was just released, so if not in 11.2 maybe in 11.3.

Unfortunately we are still at 11.1.

- Justin Reynolds, PE