Adding a buffer and search to an HTML built route

10-24-2015 05:56 AM
JasonSchelte
New Contributor

Hello I am trying to put together and HTML file that will accomplish a task for me. I am trying to make an ESRI map using ArcGIS widgets.

My idea is that I want to create a route using the directions API tool. after creating the route, I was thinking I want to start a search, and I my search results to be along my route within a buffered area. Then I would like to search for a particular business, restaurant, gas station, or store. Usually when I do a search for a business it give me a radius search.

The idea being that I create a route with the directions tool, then after the route is completed there is a buffer created based on the distance I would be willing to veer off of my route. Then it either clips out all business that match my search that are within the buffer or selects by attributes the items that are inside. Then I can choose the best location based on my route and not lose that much time while driving.

I will add the basic directions widget. We can talk more about the options for the project.

Jason

0 Kudos
0 Replies