Select to view content in your preferred language

Preview returning Empty Dataset from a REST service (as an Input)

a month ago
Labels (1)
twangtx
New Contributor II

Hello again,

I'm having an issue with trying to pull in data from our REST endpoint, that has 5 layers packaged into it, where two of the 5 layers are showing as "Empty Dataset" whenever I try to preview the Table. Just running it doesn't throw up a failed or anything, but the data doesn't get replaced and I don't get the green checkmark. But there are definitely records in there. And when I pull in the service into a blank web map I'm able view the features on the map and see the records in the table. 

The difference between the the two problem layers and the others is, one of them has ~7k rows and 45 fields, and the other has ~12k and 46 fields. The other layers are significantly smaller with the next largest like ~5000 rows and 16 fields. 

We have a standalone Server running 10.8.1, EGDB is 10.9.1. I am using spatial views and feature classes as data sources. Doesn't seem to make a difference in resolving the "Empty Dataset" message I get.

When publishing I stuck with mostly the defaults. I switched off all the Allowed operations to be only Query and Extract and I switched off Allow Geometry edits. I've tried Shared Instances and Dedicated Instances (1min 2max), same "Empty Dataset" result. I've also try separating out the 2 problem layers into their own REST service.

Thank you for the assistance,

Thomas

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BethanyScott
Esri Contributor

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out.

From your description, we'd expect those layers to work in Data Pipelines. My suggestion is to report the issue through Esri Technical Support and provide them with the steps to recreate these problematic layers. Unfortunately, without having access to the specific data and layers, this is difficult to triage on our side. Once it is triaged by support analysts we will be better equipped to investigate.

Thanks again,

Bethany