Select to view content in your preferred language

Counter functionality

06-14-2024 07:49 AM
whw53
by
New Contributor

I am trying to assign a new ID within pipelines using an interval so the first record is given a 'new_ID' of '1' , the next record is '2' , '3' andso on..

This is a simple ability in FME using the Counter transformer - has anyone been able to replicate this functionality in Data Pipelines? Using Arcade I can only reference the 'record' variable so this is limiting . 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rob_hewy
Occasional Contributor

The output of the pipeline is a  feature layer that will have an objectid column starting at 1 and going up by one. Would that work?

0 Kudos
whw53
by
New Contributor

thanks Rob - i'm trying to update an ID column apart from the OBJECTID on an existing feature layer. I need to reference the maximum ID already present in the existing layer as well. In FME i would grab the maxID from an existing layer, unconditionally merge it onto my data moving through the etl, and then use the counter output to calculate a new ID by adding the max with the counterID. Couple things difficult here - counter, unconditional merge , taking max id of a dataset etc. tools are more limited.

0 Kudos