Cant access Data pipeline even after remove the beta block

07-18-2023 11:47 AM
MohamedAbdelrahman
New Contributor

for some reason after allowing my ArcGIS online organization to access Beta apps, still i'm unable to see the Data Pipeline listed in the app launcher. any thoughts what could be the reason?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
BethanyScott
Esri Contributor

Hi @MohamedAbdelrahman ,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to removing the block for Beta apps, the following requirements must be met in order to access Data Pipelines:

1. Your user must be of type Creator or GIS Professional

2. Your user must have a role of Publisher, Facilitator, Administrator, or an equivalent custom role. 

For more information on Data Pipelines requirements, see the documentation here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/data-pipelines/latest/get-started/requirements.htm 

Please let us know if you are not able to access after verifying these requirements are met and we will take a closer look. 

Thank you!

Bethany

0 Kudos
rmwarrren007
New Contributor

Bethany, I'm having the same issue. I have a Creator license and Administrator role. The Data Pipeline beta is not blocked, but I still cannot access it.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Richard

0 Kudos
BethanyScott
Esri Contributor

Hi @rmwarrren007 ,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have a few questions to help narrow it down:

1. When you say you can't access it, does that mean you do not see "Data Pipelines (beta)" in the app switcher? Or does it mean you can see it in the app switcher, but when you open it it is in an "inaccessible" state?
  2. Related to 1, what do you see when you are logged in and you go to the Data Pipelines URL directly (for example, https://arcgis.com/apps/datapipelines)? Does the app load or do you see any informative messaging?
  3. Which subscription type do you have? Data Pipelines is not supported for Personal Use, Developer, or Trial subscription types. It is supported for all other subscription types.

And lastly, a clarifying note regarding the "blocked" requirement: Even if the app is not uniquely blocked using "Manage blocked Esri apps", the "Block Esri apps while they are in beta" switcher seen below must be turned "off" in order to access Data Pipelines:

BethanyScott_0-1695903155867.png

Hopefully the answers to these questions can help us identify the problem.

Thanks again and please let me know if you have any questions!

Bethany

0 Kudos
rmwarrren007
New Contributor

Bethany, the issue must be the Developer subscription, that's what I'm using. Thanks for nailing that down.

Do you know if there is any plan to extend Data Pipelines to the developer subscriptions in the future?

Thanks again. Richard

AnthonyWillisSr
New Contributor

I've checked all of those things, three times, and I have a GIS Professional Advanced but still can't access Data Pipelines. I get this message

AnthonyWillisSr_0-1710790086759.png

0 Kudos
BethanyScott
Esri Contributor

Hi @AnthonyWillisSr ,

Thank you for reaching out. Just to be sure, could you please confirm the following:

1. Your organization's subscription type is not Personal Use, Developer, or Trial.
  2. Your account has a Publisher role, or an equivalent custom role. If you have a custom role, please have an administrator ensure that you have at least the following privileges (they are all under the General privileges > Content category):
    • Create and run data pipelines
    • Create, update, delete
    • Publish hosted feature layers
  3. Your organization does not block the ArcGIS Data Pipelines app. This will also need to be checked by an administrator. For information on how to check this, see the doc here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/configure-security.htm#ESRI_SECTION2_CE007AFEA465...

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you are not able to access after confirming these things and we can reassess.

Thank you,

Bethany

0 Kudos