Select to view content in your preferred language

Versioning Lineage

Jump to solution
03-22-2012 07:35 AM
ChadFoster
Deactivated User
We set up a versioning tree in sde with sde.DEFAULT and QA/QC as a child and then created separate versions for two employees with QA/QC as the parent.  Another user, my boss, somehow created a version that seemed to be above the sde.DEFAULT when looking a the versioning lineage tree.  Both employees have posted and reconciled up to sde.DEFAULT, deleted their versions, and have run an analyze - compress - analyze.  We also deleted the version our boss created after verifying that he made no edits on that version.  We are now left with a versioning lineage (see attachment).  Is this ok?  If not, how can we get our lineage tree with the sde.DEFAULT back to the zero state?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12933[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Hello!  I know this response is quite late, but after observing similar behavior for a spell, I believe that the image Chad attached to the 03-22-2012 11:20 AM post actually does represent an ideal compression.  Any version will "take" a state when it reconciles, and that state will forever be in-between sde.DEFAULT and state zero.

Chad's initial image shows uncompressed states that should have been compressed "out."  I have posted SQL to find these states without GDBT tools here: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/94514-Administer-SDE-without-Versioning-Lineage-Tree?p=349059#post3...
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Hello!  I know this response is quite late, but after observing similar behavior for a spell, I believe that the image Chad attached to the 03-22-2012 11:20 AM post actually does represent an ideal compression.  Any version will "take" a state when it reconciles, and that state will forever be in-between sde.DEFAULT and state zero.

Chad's initial image shows an uncompressed state (12409) that should have been compressed "out."  I have posted SQL to find these states without GDBT tools here: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/94514-Administer-SDE-without-Versioning-Lineage-Tree?p=349059#post3...
0 Kudos