updating attribute table from EXCEL file

07-18-2013 05:17 AM
TeresaSmithson2
New Contributor III
I created feature classes that only contains the data from an EXCEL file.  I did this to enable the search function to search the data in these tables.  The FCs also have relationships between themselves and other feature classes that have spatial reference.  The database is an ARCSDE SQL Express (Parent) on a server and replicates to three other servers (all Child) using ArcGIS 10.1.

The problem: I receive routine updates to the data in the form of an edited version of the original EXCEL file.  There are over 30,000 records with scores of fields.  The edits can exceed one hundred per day.  I tried running delete rows and upload the new data on each feature class with it's respective spreadsheet, but the delta tables do not pick up those changes so the changes do not replicate to the child.  I have explored Data Management tools for "Compare" and tried running Oject Loader during an edit session - all to no avail. 

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Teresa,

How are you uploading the new data on each feature class (i.e. Append tool)?
0 Kudos
TeresaSmithson2
New Contributor III
Hi Teresa,

How are you uploading the new data on each feature class (i.e. Append tool)?

Hi Jake,
Right now I am deleting the old data records and using data loader.  I also tried the Object Loader.  Someone on another forum suggested a comparison routine using T-SQL or ADO but I'm not a programmer and am not familiar with either of these.  But the concept of a routine that compares the data in the attribute table to the new data in the EXCEL file (sometimes entire records are deleted or added, other times just a cell changed) would be the perfect solution as long as it will also replicate.
teresa
0 Kudos