Unregister replica and delete version

Jump to solution
06-27-2014 07:01 AM
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III
I have a check out replica that was not used, so I'm trying to clean up my versions and get rid of the replica version. I'm using SDE personal w/ SQL Express. I have several versions and each version is periodically checked out for editing.

Assume I have VersionA which is checked out as Replica1. What is a good workflow to get rid of replica1 if no edits are made? I can go to version manager and delete replica1 then go to manage replicas and unregister  replica1. Does my order of operations make a difference here? I know I can just check in a database with no edits and achieve the desired results but that seems to be the long way around the issue.

What exactly does unregistering a replica mean? Can't seem to find this in the help.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Can't seem to find this in the help.

Check: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisserver/9.3/java/index.htm#geodatabases/managing_replicas.htm

By right-clicking an individual replica, you bring up a context menu with the following options:

• Rename???Renames the replica. Enter a new name and press Enter.

• Unregister???Unregisters the replica. If a synchronization version exists, it will also be removed at the same time.

• View log???Opens up the replica log. This option is only available for one-way and two-way replicas. The replica log is discussed in more detail below.

• Refresh???Refreshes the replica. The latest state of the replica properties will be displayed.

• Validate schema???Validates the replica schema. A progress bar monitors the status of the validation. This automatically corrects a replica that contains invalid datasets. Datasets can become invalid if they have been renamed, deleted, or unversioned.

• Properties???Opens up the Replica Properties dialog box. Replica properties are discussed in more detail below.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Unregistering a replica---> equivalent to Deleting that replica from that geodatabase

Go to Replica Manager and unregister that replica...don't change anything in Version Manager/Versions table...
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
Can't seem to find this in the help.

Check: http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisserver/9.3/java/index.htm#geodatabases/managing_replicas.htm

By right-clicking an individual replica, you bring up a context menu with the following options:

• Rename???Renames the replica. Enter a new name and press Enter.

• Unregister???Unregisters the replica. If a synchronization version exists, it will also be removed at the same time.

• View log???Opens up the replica log. This option is only available for one-way and two-way replicas. The replica log is discussed in more detail below.

• Refresh???Refreshes the replica. The latest state of the replica properties will be displayed.

• Validate schema???Validates the replica schema. A progress bar monitors the status of the validation. This automatically corrects a replica that contains invalid datasets. Datasets can become invalid if they have been renamed, deleted, or unversioned.

• Properties???Opens up the Replica Properties dialog box. Replica properties are discussed in more detail below.

0 Kudos
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks for the info. Is there any reson behind not doing anything in the version table?
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
As I highlighted in my last post :

Unregister�??Unregisters the replica. If a synchronization version exists, it will also be removed at the same time.

That version will automatically be removed during the "Unregister' process.
0 Kudos