Too many labels within close by cluster points Question ?

12-06-2018 11:05 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have a question for you to help me out. . I have a Label Manager that I have a layer that has a point layer and I need to display each of them however; they are cluttered to each other and I am trying to use the callout but the line does not display and need it to show them for each. I want them to get out of the way of the other black text boxes. It is a watershed HUC 12 text.

I am experiment with different methods to use Label Manager to try and show each of the layers their texts.

P.S. As of December 11, 2018 , I was browsing around here on the GeoNet and found this

Labelling woes... (in Pro or in ArcMap) 

and this is what I am looking for !

Phew...I am stilling working on it.. I have to do this for 8 different areas on focus each Ranger District where there is a watershed and their Recreation Sites..

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Never mind. I think I finally figured it out.. Just had to select some layers to set Reference Scale.. Seem to be working...  I'll post once when I am done...

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Robert,

I see you found my labeling woes thread! What did you use to fix your issues?

Have you turned on Maplex Label Engine?

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I have been working on to try different things until I found your article and I am going to have to read it .. Yes I use 

Maplex Label Engine but I had other project that came up back and forth.. So once the other project is done then I will be back on this issue and I will post and share with you or others... One other thing is that one of them has 3 different areas that the point are closer together and it makes it hard to read...so I use to "blow" up that area and fix it...

I will post it once I get there....

0 Kudos