Select to view content in your preferred language

Store PostgresSQL SDE data as PG_GEOMETRY type

04-21-2010 11:56 AM
ShaunMcCloud
New Contributor
Ok,

I am able to easily store my data using the PG_GEOMETRY type if I am using PostgresSQL on Windows.  However, we are looking into using linux (specifically RHEL) for one of our projects so I am trying ot store my data using the PG_GEOMETRY type with linux as the server OS (CentOS 5.4 as we do not currently have a license of RHEL).  I am able to get the data into the SDE with ArcCatalog, but when I do a select on the data it looks nothing like it does on the Windows DB.  Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to get this working right?  I have wiped and reloaded the server 4 times to try and get this working.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Hello,

Please elaborate on how the data looks different in ArcCatalog when you use PostGIS (choose PG_GEOMETRY keyword) when storing feature classes.

There's a kb article available about setting up PostgreSQL with PostGIS on Linux to use with ArcSDE that you might want to check to be sure things are set up correctly:
http://resources.arcgis.com/content/kbase?fa=articleShow&d=35488

-Kim
0 Kudos
MarioBurrola
New Contributor III
I am installed SDE Server 10 in RED-HAT 5.7 with PostgreSQL 8.3 or files included in the DVD installation disk for Linux.

I been following most of the installation process and creation of sde and postgres users with their proper attributes. When I am trying to run the authorization command I get the following errors...

./sdeexe100/bin/sdesetup -o install -d POSTGRESQL -u sde -p sdepassword -D stormdatabase -l /usr/local/arcsde/Authorization_ArcSDE.ecp

I get this errors:

./sdeexe100/bin/sdesetup: error while loading shared libraries: libsdesetup.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
If you have a new topic, please post it only in a new thread  (as you have here),
but please do not double-post (it makes finding answers more difficult).

- V
0 Kudos