I've been having issues when editing a version 10 geodatabase in ArcGIS 10.1 from the network. Editing a version 9.3 seems to be fine. With ArcGIS 10, I was having zero issues editing from the network. Basically, selecting anything has a noticeable delay. Moving anything results in at least a 10 second delay. Editing the same data on my local results in zero problems.
I called tech support and they initially blamed it on the network. Well, 2 days prior, it worked fine on the same network. There were no changes made to the network, only to the upgrade of version 10 to 10.1. We then tried renaming the normal.mxt and the esri folders in the registry. That didn't work either.
Has anyone experienced this in 10.1? It's a bit frustrating, because we really need this to work from the network. I am editing on my local right now as a temp fix, but eventually that won't work.
I agree with the slow editing. I have only had the 10.1 upgrade for a day. I am surprised no one has replied to this. I do like the editing tools much better, but there is a definite 10 second plus delay to just select, then another delay to deselect, and then another to save edits. Does anyone know a fix to this?
Actually, I've noticed this is an issue with a particular featureclass (manholes) within a geometric network. I've tried exporting it out and importing back in...recreating the geometric network. No success.
The manhole featureclass is fine when editing locally.
The manhole featureclass is also fine when I delete the geometric network and edit it like that (on the server).
So, it looks like somehow, this manhole featureclass is causing issues when inside a geometric network and being edited on the server (I've tried another, offsite server just to see if I could duplicate that...and I did). The manhole feature class needs to be part of the geometric network, so taking it out is not a solution. Editing from my local is a hassle, because I'm having to share out the folder for someone else to edit.
Opening, selecting, editing, snapping is painfully slow. I'm ready to uninstall 10.1 and reinstall 9.3 which will be time consuming considering I have three techs plus myself and around 50 ArcReaders. Then republishing. I'd really like to know is this is an acknowledged problem and if it is being worked on.
Hi Everyone, I as well had poor preformance with ArcGis 10.1. My IT guys tried everything on their end but I stilled had problems. I contacted ESRI support and found that it was probabily a registery problem within ArcMap. Once this was corrected everything worked.
Here is the procedure we went through:
Following are the steps that helped us resolve the issue: -Renaming the ESRI folder from the user profile:
-Close all Arc Map and Arc Catalog applications. -Click on start and navigate to C:/Users /<User Profile>/AppData/Roaming/ESRI. -Right click on ESRI and rename it as ESRI_old.
-Renaming the ESRI folder from Regedit:
-Close all Arc Map and Arc Catalog applications. -Click on start and type Run in search window. -In the run box type regedit. -Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>>Software>>ESRI. -Right click on ESRI and rename it as ESRI_old.
Finding the exact same here. Snapping doesnt work like it keeps thinking (blue circle) Editing small polygons, pick vertex, wait 25-30 seconds, I can then move the vertex, wait for the vertex to catch up 5-10seconds. Place roughly where it is supposed to snap on. Noticed that it had built a good 175mb cache in roaming and 170 in local.
Also noticed when it auto refreshes the screen during the edit it just stops until you clip the refresh button. No different when used with/without hardware acceleration.
Removed all 3rd party apps installed Service pack slight improvement but still only as good as OEM 10.0