Report Wizard; one report for each customer

08-19-2016 10:10 AM
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III

Report Wizard; I can generate a report for all customers. However, I want one report for each customer.  I can narrow it down to one report per customer but how do I duplicate the report template without recreating the report from scratch?  Can I change the value of the Element for the customer number?

Thank you.

Stew

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

there is a section on saving, loading, running and exporting a report

Saving a report—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

surely a copy would suffice for import with changes

0 Kudos
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III

I know how to save, load, run and export.  But it is a single report set for a single customer.  How do I use that report as a template for all other customers?  The only way I know to do this would be to start from scratch with a brand new report and go through all of the set up for Create Report.  Is there a way to edit the value for the Data Field; change Customer 100 to Customer101.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

so I assumed you could make a copy (rename), load, fix and ship... at least that is the impression the help gives, but I guess you ruled that out

...This makes it easy to add additional fields, footnotes, or images to a report without having to create a report from the wizard each...

0 Kudos
StewartGalloway
New Contributor III

We may be getting close here; I can copy/rename and load but how do I "fix" it?  How do I change a field to change the customer number?

0 Kudos