Raster statistics keep disappearing

12-12-2010 06:05 PM
JaneOnorati
New Contributor III
I've calculated raster statistics several times for the same 2 GRID rasters.  I have been viewing them in map documents for both versions 9.3 and 10.  Could this be a 10.0 bug or problem with the rasters?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertBerger
New Contributor III
Hi,

What version are you calculating the statistics in? And then in what version do they disappear?

Robert
0 Kudos
JaneOnorati
New Contributor III
I think both.  Today I tried recalculating in ArcGIS 10 and even though the results say they were successful, the properties say that statistics have not been calculated.  I deleted both the pyramid and statistics files and am recreating both.  Then I will do some tests to see if I still have the problem and if so, if there is a pattern I can see to the problem.  I noticed that my geoprocessing options were not set to overwrite.  I don't know if that is the problem, but you would think that the results would not show success then.
0 Kudos
JaneOnorati
New Contributor III
For anyone that might experience a similar problem, deleting both pyramids and statistics files in Windows Explorer, and then recreating them in ArcGIS seems to have fixed the problem.
0 Kudos
AndyRitchie
Occasional Contributor
I am using ArcGIS 10 SP1, and having the same issue of disappearing stats, but deleting the pyramid and statistics files did not fix the issue. I deleted the .rrd, .xml, .aux files

I am working with a hillshade grid someone else made (in 9.x) that's a 32-bit signed integer ESRI GRID.  I know a hillshade only needs to be 8 bit, but this one isn't. It worked fine in 9.3.1.
0 Kudos
stephaniekula
New Contributor II
I'm having the same problem- I batch "successfully calculated statistics" for hundreds of DEMs in a folder, but some of the rasters lost the statistics. I have way to many files to check one by one. So does deleting all the listed files- xml, rrd, aux, as well as statistics and any pyramids work consistently?
0 Kudos
WadeGivens
New Contributor II
Same issue here.  VERY ANNOYING!
0 Kudos