question about the register

Jump to solution
07-30-2014 12:05 AM
leocao
by
New Contributor

I have downloaded the TM data form the USGS,but the location of the map is wrong.how i can register the data to match the actually position.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

So the Landsat Themeatic Mapper data your downloaded, is it a jpg? If so then you just open the Georeference toolbar and choose the "Add Control Points" tool and click on a know location in the TM data and then the corresponding point in your maps data. Repeat that process for another location on the TM data and your map. Then click the Georeferencing menu and "Update Georeferencing" button. It is that simple.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

So the Landsat Themeatic Mapper data your downloaded, is it a jpg? If so then you just open the Georeference toolbar and choose the "Add Control Points" tool and click on a know location in the TM data and then the corresponding point in your maps data. Repeat that process for another location on the TM data and your map. Then click the Georeferencing menu and "Update Georeferencing" button. It is that simple.

0 Kudos
leocao
by
New Contributor

Robert,

Sorry not to reply your answer in time.It is so earnest for you,and i have tried your solution ,but there is another question:how i can find the Control Points' coordinate .You know ,on the TM data ,there is no apparent signs.where i can find the precise coordinate.thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

If you use landsatLookViewer then when you export the data the image is already georefenced.

0 Kudos