Problems georeferencing tiffs in arcmap 10

05-31-2011 12:02 PM
seanhealy
New Contributor
On one computer the tiffs are georeferenced correctly but when the map is opened on another computer the tiffs no longer show up and when I try and georeference them again the control points are ignored and the tiff is stretch and flipped in randon directions.  Is anyone else having these problems or do you have a solution?
0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I supervise 6 employees and all seem to be having issues using the georef tool bar and extreamly slow performance.
Attempts to add control points to .TIF (small files under 1MB) and them snap to vector features results in the pointer changing to an hour glass (and flashing 5-7 times between). After about 30 secs of this cycling between pointer and hour glass, the control point is added. Snapping to a vector takes another 30-45 secs.

Since this is a major part of our work flow, I'm looking for possible solutions.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-R2-VGBF5a2Ww
New Contributor II
Hi people,
I'm having the same problem with tif and jpg files.
I'm working in ArcGis Desktop 10.1 SP1
0 Kudos
AnVu
by
New Contributor
Hello all,

I'm a student working with ArcGIS 10.  My problem isn't georeferencing tiffs but rather img.  Once I select Rectify and select my Output Location to a working folder on my desktop, I change the Format to IMAGINE Image (I'm not sure what this does except for our assignment specifies this; think it's so our professor can check it this way?).  Anyway, upon doing this I check my working folder for it, it's there but with no .img behind it.  When I click it, I get a dialog box that says, "Couldn't mount file.  The disc image file is corrupted." 

Did I corrupt this file by doing the steps above or is this a bug?  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

AV
0 Kudos
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

10.3.1 - Same problems described here.  Usually it just doesn't do anything no matter which options I select, Rectify or that other one.

0 Kudos