Problem displaying Mosaic datasett

Jump to solution
03-14-2014 02:48 PM
MartinEgger
New Contributor II
Hi
I have a mosaic dataset containing ecw-files. It displays fine in ArcCatalog/ArcMap (10.2) on 2 of my PC's. On other PC's with ArcGIS 10.2 (and 10.2.1) the mosaic dataset is displayed like a 'chessboard' with black and white squares (se attached image). All options in ArcGIS are the same. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Martin,

This usually occurs when the client machine does not have access to the raw imagery.  At small scales, the mosaic dataset's overviews are used.  As you zoom in to larger scales, the raw imagery is eventually returned.  It's recommended to load rasters into mosaic datasets using UNC paths (i.e. \\server\rasters).  That way, each client machine knows where to access the imagery.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Martin,

This usually occurs when the client machine does not have access to the raw imagery.  At small scales, the mosaic dataset's overviews are used.  As you zoom in to larger scales, the raw imagery is eventually returned.  It's recommended to load rasters into mosaic datasets using UNC paths (i.e. \\server\rasters).  That way, each client machine knows where to access the imagery.
0 Kudos
MartinEgger
New Contributor II
Hi Jake.
Thanks a lot. That was the reason/solution.
0 Kudos