No SDE feature class size in ArcCatalog

Jump to solution
09-15-2014 04:21 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

We have an Oracle SDE at my workplace. I would like to see the size of the datasets and feature classes. I have enable the size in the catalog options. But catalog reports nothing back?? I am using 10.1 sp 1. How do I get the size of the data on the disk?

Capture.PNG

Thanks Forest

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

This works for data in a File gdb and not for data in an sde geodatabase (in that case you could use some DBMS-specific queries to determine it though).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

This works for data in a File gdb and not for data in an sde geodatabase (in that case you could use some DBMS-specific queries to determine it though).

VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There are a number of issues that play into determining storage requirements for tables in Oracle, including  block size, extent allocation policies, high water mark allocation, and more.  While it may be possible to determine the space allocated to business and geometry tables and indexes, the exact storage requirements could be much larger than the storage allocated to the tables.

- V

forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Ok sounds like this is kinda a big topic. I am new in my job, never worked with an SDE before, can you tell? lol

I think I will talk to my supervises before I do anything else. Thanks for the feed back.

0 Kudos