Select to view content in your preferred language

Move Pie Charts To Edge of Map

08-19-2011 01:46 PM
ericbruntjen
New Contributor
Hi All:

Can anyone enlighten me? I'm sure what I want to do is relatively straight forward but I'm having trouble...

I have a map with several pie charts representing data on the map. The map is cluttered so I've been asked to move the charts to the edge of the map and then point to the pertinent location with a line.

So basically all the charts will be along one edge of the map with lines being drawn from the chart to the location it represents on the map.

Any help on how to do that would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Eric
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ericbruntjen
New Contributor
I figured it out... Convert Features To Graphics and then drag and drop to your heart's content.

Thanks

E
0 Kudos
TimothyTresohlavy
New Contributor
I've experienced the same issue with intersection collision data. Converting dozens of pie charts to graphics and manually moving them away from the intersection is far too time-consuming, and the graphics overlap and eliminate road labels in the process.

Is there a more effective method of adding an offset automatically without converting to graphics?

I've tried every level of properties, symbology, labeling, etc. and ended up 10+ levels deep in properties and settings without any luck!
0 Kudos
FranciscoBereciartu
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I'm newbie to ArcGIS world, and I have to create pie and bar charts and add them to the graphic layer but I don't know how to do this. Can you help me out with this? some reference or advice.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
TerrySilveus
Occasional Contributor III
I figured it out... Convert Features To Graphics and then drag and drop to your heart's content.

Thanks

E

just a warning on this however... if for some reason you pie chart data changes, your pie charts won't after they have been converted to graphics so you will have to recreate them after a change in data.
0 Kudos