Issue with layers using the same datasource in different services

11-14-2013 01:49 PM
ChuanHung
New Contributor
Hello,

I have two different services and both of them have a point layer which use the same data source in ArcSDE. I tried to add a new point but the new point is only visible in one point layer and not the other one. Shouldn't the new point be added to both layers since they are using the same data source? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III

I have two different services and both of them have a point layer which use the same data source in ArcSDE.

Do you mean Feature class. Is the same feature class used in two service.

I tried to add a new point but the new point is only visible in one point layer and not the other one. Shouldn't the new point be added to both layers since they are using the same data source?

This portion of your thread is not clear.

========================

I assume that you are using one Feature Class(From the same ArcSDE Geodatabase) in both Service. You made edits on Feature Class (adding a point feature) in Service A, and the edits are not reflected in Service B ? Am I correct. This is just a wild guess:) You can provide more details(clear).
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Is it Versioned or Non-Versioned. If it is Versioned, please let us know whether the Feature Class in both Service is from same version or different. Have you cached the Service B.
0 Kudos