How to combine fields from attribute table?

08-30-2022 08:32 AM
NoayavRee
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm currently working on a ArcGIS task, however I'm struggling with an analysis that I want to do. It concerns the following; 

I need to perform an analysis on the thickness of specific sandlayers. I have two files for this; one is a point file with specific boreholes and the other one is a table. I have already combined the two, but I need to figure out in what boreholes the sand thickness is at least 3,5m. However, I only know the height of the bottom and the top of the layer of sand. This means that I need to find a way to somehow select those boreholes in which height between the top layer and bottom layers is >3,5m. I was thinking that I have to some processing by substracting the height of the bottom from the height of the top to see the thickness of the boreholes. However, I can't seem to find the right solution to do this and find out what points are suitable or not. 

Anyone can give me any tips or advise?

Thank you in advance! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor
  • start the "Select Layer By Attribute" tool
    JohannesLindner_0-1661935506985.png

• set the input rows to your layer, selection type to "new selection"
  • create a new SQL expression
    JohannesLindner_1-1661935589572.png

• BOTTOMSAND - TOPSAND >= 3.5
  • Apply

Have a great day!
Johannes
EiLaza
by
New Contributor

nvm

0 Kudos
NoayavRee
New Contributor II

Thank you! 

However, I'm not sure what SQL statement should be given. I tried something, but it seems to be wrong. I don't know whether that is cause I have an older version of the program. 

0 Kudos
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Try it without the quotes. Just 

layerdikte.BOTTOMSAND - layerdikte.TOPSAND >= 3.5

Have a great day!
Johannes
0 Kudos