Select to view content in your preferred language

How is a multi-role locator supposed to work?

12-08-2020 03:26 PM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.6

I have created a multi role locator with a point address role and a street address role.  I have an address of 645 E 4500 S (one of 116,000 in my address data table)  When I match the table to the  multi role it does not match.

However, when I look at the address point data, there are two records that have 645 E 4500 S parsed out in the various components field: one has a sub unit (another parsed field) and the other does not.

The street data has a segment that covers the range.

When I match against a single role point address locator, that address fails. When I match against a single role street address locator it matches.

What is going on here?  I thought that a multi-role locator acts like the old composite address locator does: if an address doesn't match on one it matches on another if it can.  Why would this particular address match only against a single street address locator and not in the multi-role locator when it should validate in either?

@BradNiemand 

@ShanaBritt 

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Thanks to a suggestion from @BradNiemand I was able to get past this issue.  I made sure my multi role locator property of Match with No Zones = Yes and that seems to have done it .  

JoeBorgione_0-1607541214602.png

JoeBorgione_1-1607541435356.png

That particular property can only be set manually after a locator is created.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos