Help with data dictionary using Pathfinder Office

04-16-2017 04:59 PM
BrianLeo
New Contributor

I need to create a data dictionary in Pathfinder Office and then load it onto a Trimble unit.

I will need to record dozens of species associated with one point feature, so I am wondering if it is possible to have only one drop down that contains all possible species, and design the data dictionary so that the Trimble operator can choose a species from the drop down, have it added to list, and then return to the same drop down to choose the next species, which would get added to the same list.

What I am trying to avoid is having dozens of drop downs within my data dictionary. As I understand it now, it is only possible to have one drop down for each text selection (in my case species), so my data dictionary is congested with dozens of drop downs, making field data collection very inefficient.

Additionally, there are literally 100's of possible species from which to choose in these drop down lists. Is it possible to program some kind of autofill in the Trimble units using Pathfinder? It would save time in the field if technicians could simply enter in the few first letters of a species and have it pop up, as opposed to scrolling through a list of several hundred species using the Trimble stylus.

Thanks for any information.

0 Kudos
0 Replies