Failed to register as versioned

Jump to solution
02-10-2015 09:13 AM
ChrisGoessl
New Contributor III

Here is my issue. I created a checked out replica feature class (StreetSigns), was able to syncronize the data back to the SDE with reconcile and post information checked. The process was completed and closed down. I deleted the replicated feature class.

Now I am getting this error.

"Failed to register as versioned. Operation not supported on a table that is moving edits to base."

This error is coming when I am creating a version for a feature class that is located in the same dataset as the StreetSigns. I have stopped all services thinking that it might be a schema lock, but I still get the same error message.

Also, the StreetSigns feature class had a representation for symbology and now over half of the symbols are missing.

I have checked all versions and ensured that all have been reconciled and posted. No issues with any of the versions.

I am in need of some guidence

Tags (2)
12 Replies
DanaNolan
Occasional Contributor III

No tool, just ArcCatalog. The unregistered files are in the same SDE gdb, sometimes in the same feature dataset, sometimes loose or in another dataset. I just keep checking properties in Catalog until I find the culprit.

I also had the problem of not being able to unregister the feature data set. . I inherited a system that no one could figure out to edit for a long time. As I have fixed the existing tables and know to register new annotation, this problem is fading.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

Here is a python script to register all datasets as versioned nay that fail will be added to a list and printed to console at the end so you can examine each one...

import arcpy

sde_path = r"C:\Users\path\to\sde\connection"

arcpy.env.workspace = sde_path
datasets = arcpy.ListDatasets('*', 'ALL')
failedData = []
for data in datasets:
   try:
      arcpy.RegisterAsVersioned_management(data, 'NO_EDITS_TO_BASE')
   except:
      failedData.append(data)
      continue

print 'List of Data Sets which failed to register as Versioned'
for item in failedData:
   print item

AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

See this ESRI Technical Support article as well:

Error: Failed to register as versioned. Operation is not supported on a table that is moving edits to base:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012902

0 Kudos