Export basemap

Jump to solution
03-14-2016 08:42 AM
LizethRodríguez
New Contributor

I require download a base map to display it in another program that supports .kmz files so when I zoom the map retains this property for a specific country and not as a stationary image. The program from which I want to display the basemap is The Integrated Data Viewer (IDV) from Unidata, this is a Java-based software framework for analyzing and visualizing geoscience data. This software has some basemaps including but on a global scale and lose resolution to enlarge the image. I tried to export a map from http://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Imagery/MapServer/export?bbox=, but can not zoom. Thank you for your help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Lizeth,

Have you considered using a WMS (Web mapping service) in IDV as opposed to downloading a basemap? It looks like IDV can utilize WMS, if you can obtain the proper URL to that particular WMS.

Unidata IDV User Guide | Web Map Server(WMS)/Background Image Control

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Please note that the GeoNet Help​ discussion space is for questions about GeoNet itself, not specific applications. I'm moving to the GIS​ space, but if you think it should reside somewhere else, please feel free to move it there. Consult the GeoNet Community Structure for more information.

LizethRodríguez
New Contributor

Ok, I'm sorry This is the first time that I use this site.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Lizeth,

Have you considered using a WMS (Web mapping service) in IDV as opposed to downloading a basemap? It looks like IDV can utilize WMS, if you can obtain the proper URL to that particular WMS.

Unidata IDV User Guide | Web Map Server(WMS)/Background Image Control

LizethRodríguez
New Contributor
I tried to use the wms but I have not found an image to the site of interest.

0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lizeth Rodríguez​,

I would suggest unmarking my post as the answer to your question. That might discourage someone from providing you with a real answer.

0 Kudos