Error: ???synchronize replica failed???,

01-02-2014 09:40 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Error: �??synchronize replica failed�?�,

I wanted synchronize the data from enterprise geodatabase to file geodatabase with replica name that has previously created but I got the message below:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30200[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]30201[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]30202[/ATTACH]

What might be the issue here?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos
21 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mboeringa2010

Have you changed anything on the SQL Server side related to that listed Roads_Ramallah Feature Class, e.g. created some SQL database views etc, removed or added fields, thus changing schema?
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Have you changed anything on the SQL Server side related to that listed Roads_Ramallah Feature Class, e.g. created some SQL database views etc, removed or added fields, thus changing schema?

Thanks Marco,

This layer is never touched via the SQL server but from the �??database connection�?�. No views are applied.

However, even in case fields are added\deleted then the only thing that may occur is that these changes are not transferred to the �??file geodatabase�?� but not having the error shown in my first post.

At the end, do I need to delete the destination �??file geodatabase�?� and create another replica?
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

At the end, do I need to delete the destination �??file geodatabase�?� and create another replica?

I don't know. The error indicates an issue processing some SQL statement.

I recently got a similar error when I tried to access in ArcGIS a query stored in Access via ODBC. The query was based on other queries, one of which was a Crosstab query. Although I wasn't hitting this Crosstab query directly in ArcGIS (only another query using the Crosstab query in Access as one of its datasources), ArcGIS also gave the "An invalid SQL statement was used" error. I didn't expect this to happen, but only exporting the query to a new table in Access, solved the issue. Clearly, there are some limitations to what SQL statements may be used in this specific case in combination with ArcGIS.

But this is all pretty much unrelated to your specific issue here I think.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
I don't know. The error indicates an issue processing some SQL statement.

I recently got a similar error when I tried to access in ArcGIS a query stored in Access via ODBC. The query was based on other queries, one of which was a Crosstab query. Although I wasn't hitting this Crosstab query directly in ArcGIS (only another query using the Crosstab query in Access as one of its datasources), ArcGIS also gave the "An invalid SQL statement was used" error. I didn't expect this to happen, but only exporting the query to a new table in Access, solved the issue. Clearly, there are some limitations to what SQL statements may be used in this specific case in combination with ArcGIS.

But this is all pretty much unrelated to your specific issue here I think.

Many thanks Marco. Your help is highly appreciated.

In my case, I can just delete and create another replica but I wanted to see if there might be a simple solution for this problem.

Bets

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: asrujit

Jamal,

This is a known issue with Desktop 10.2 for now:

[NIM094669 - Synchronizing replica after deleting 1000 or more records from parent geodatabasefails using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2]

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDk0NjY5

You can use a previous version of ArcGIS Desktop to synchronize the Replicas as a workaround for now.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Jamal,

This is a known issue with Desktop 10.2 for now:

[NIM094669 - Synchronizing replica after deleting 1000 or more records from parent geodatabasefails using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2]

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDk0NjY5

You can use a previous version of ArcGIS Desktop to synchronize the Replicas as a workaround for now.

That looks like a pretty nasty bug, although deleting a thousand records in these kind of versioning environments, if properly managed, is probably not that common.

Would be nice to know if Jamal actually hit that 1000 record wall. There may still be other issues.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That looks like a pretty nasty bug, although deleting a thousand records in these kind of versioning environments, if properly managed, is probably not that common.

Would be nice to know if Jamal actually hit that 1000 record wall. There may still be other issues.

Many thanks Asrujit and Marco for the help,

The layer that has a problem is with more than 1000 records.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30254[/ATTACH]

Meanwhile, I have another layer with about 240,000 records and had no problem when synchronized

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30255[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor
The layer that has a problem is with more than 1000 records
Meanwhile, I have another layer with about 240,000 records and had no problem when synchronized.

The potential 1000 record issue as mentioned in the bug report Asrujit pointed out, is not about the total number of records a Feature Class has, but about how many records you need to synchronize between the two replicas. E.g. if you deleted over 1000 records in the parent, and these now also needed to be removed from the child / relative replica, than you may run into this issue.

So the question is, did you delete over 1000 records from the layer having a problem synchronizing?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The potential 1000 record issue as mentioned in the bug report Asrujit pointed out, is not about the total number of records a Feature Class has, but about how many records you need to synchronize between the two replicas. E.g. if you deleted over 1000 records in the parent, and these now also needed to be removed from the child / relative replica, than you may run into this issue.

So the question is, did you delete over 1000 records from the layer having a problem synchronizing?

Apologies. I misunderstand what has been originally pointed out by Asrujit.

At all, no more than 1000 records were deleted from the layer that has a problem.

However, I managed to delete the destination file geodatabase and created another one with new replica from the enterprise geodatabase. Now, it works fine.

Best

Jamal
0 Kudos