Error distributed geodatabase, extract data

06-13-2014 01:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: keoe

Hi,

I usually use the function extract data in distributed geodatabase toolbar (ArcGIS 10.2) to extract data from our SDE geodatabase to a file-based geodatabase. It has worked fine for som years but then a few weeks back it not longer possible to save the file-based geodatabase on a network drive. This has worked with ArcGIS 10.2 some month before it now not longer works. It works if I save the file-based geodatabase on a local drive. I have tried to save on network drives on both physical and virtual servers.
I have tested with ArcGIS 10.1.1 with the same result but when i use ArcGIS 10.1 it works.

Does anyone have a clue?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mlb7818

I am able to get out to another machine on the network without any issues doing a quick test with 10.2.2 - Are you using UNC paths or a mapped drive letter?
0 Kudos
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III
I am able to get out to another machine on the network without any issues doing a quick test with 10.2.2 - Are you using UNC paths or a mapped drive letter?

I'm using mapped drive letters.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine worked both ways - where are you getting an issue? Is the mapped drive letter not showing up under your folder connections or are you receiving an error when executing the extract data?
0 Kudos
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III
Mine worked both ways - where are you getting an issue? Is the mapped drive letter not showing up under your folder connections or are you receiving an error when executing the extract data?

I get the error after I clicked the finnish button, when executing extract data. I attatch the error message.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is this for all data? or specific datasets?
Can you also copy this data using other data transfer methods?
0 Kudos
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III
Is this for all data? or specific datasets?
Can you also copy this data using other data transfer methods?

It doesn't work either with copy or import. I have try with five datasets from five different databases (all on same SQL Server) without success.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: 4175

Is the target file geodatabase new? or is it an existing filegdb you are pointing to?
If it is an existing one - can you try either recreating this filegdb? or instead having the extraction create a new one?

Heather
0 Kudos
KlasÖstergren
New Contributor III
Is the target file geodatabase new? or is it an existing filegdb you are pointing to?
If it is an existing one - can you try either recreating this filegdb? or instead having the extraction create a new one?

Heather

My ordinary procedure is to create the filegdb in the open geodatabase dialog in the wizard, and that doesn't work. I got the same result if I create the filegdb in the catalog window before I open the wizard. Now I tried to create the filegdb in ArcGIS 10.1 Build 3035 (the same version where it works to extract data) and then extract data from ArcGIS 10.2.0.3348. This works! What's the difference beteween a filgdb created in ArcGIS 10.1 and a filegdb created in ArcGIS 10.2?
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

My ordinary procedure is to create the filegdb in the open geodatabase dialog in the wizard, and that doesn't work. I got the same result if I create the filegdb in the catalog window before I open the wizard. Now I tried to create the filegdb in ArcGIS 10.1 Build 3035 (the same version where it works to extract data) and then extract data from ArcGIS 10.2.0.3348. This works! What's the difference beteween a filgdb created in ArcGIS 10.1 and a filegdb created in ArcGIS 10.2?

So using the extract data tool if you use a mapped network drive to the destination FGDB - and - if the file geodatabase that you are mapping to for the extract was created with ArcGIS 10.2 the extract fails with 'The Item was Not found'? If you create with ArcGIS 10.1 the extract works fine?

I tested this same configuration and it works for me with the 10.2 file geodatabase that I created and accessed via a UNC path. I would suggest that you use your workaround or you could log a support call to investigate further if you have a reproducible case.
0 Kudos