Error 000535 when using Sort Coded Value Domain tool

Jump to solution
05-09-2014 04:47 AM
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor

Hi-

I am trying to reorder coded values in a domain in a geodatabase and I am currently getting ERROR 000535: Workspace does not exist when using the Sort Coded Value Domain tool.  Any ideas how to get this to work?

Thanks!
-Jessica

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
You may be encountering NIM100594:
[ NIM100594 - Any tool in the Domains toolset fails and returns the error, "ERROR 000535: Workspace does not exist." when run with 64-bit Background Geoprocessing enabled.]

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMTAwNTk0

Suggestion: Disable background geoprocessing by clicking on the geoprocessing menu --> geoprocessing options --> uncheck the box next to "enable" under the background geoprocessing section --> Try the tool again.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Please provide the version of ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcSDE(Including the version of RDBMS). There are some known issues in 10.2.1.
0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop.

The domains were originally created in a 9.3 SDE and we recently upgraded to 10.2.1.

The gdb I am working on was created from a map package using feature classes from the 10.2.1 SDE so I am not connected to our SDE when I am trying to reorder the domains.

I hope I answered your questions correctly, I am relatively new to SDE.

I did create a dummy file geodatabase, created a domain, added three values and attempted to reorder the domain and I got the same error if that helps (I also tried the same thing using a personal gdb).

Thank you!!!
0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
You may be encountering NIM100594:
[ NIM100594 - Any tool in the Domains toolset fails and returns the error, "ERROR 000535: Workspace does not exist." when run with 64-bit Background Geoprocessing enabled.]

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMTAwNTk0

Suggestion: Disable background geoprocessing by clicking on the geoprocessing menu --> geoprocessing options --> uncheck the box next to "enable" under the background geoprocessing section --> Try the tool again.
Courtney360
New Contributor III

This helped, thanks!

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

Believe it or not, this worked.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Disabling background geoprocessing also works for 10.5.1.  Else it will not sort nor does it throw an error.

thanks

0 Kudos
McKenzieKargel
New Contributor

Where is the geoprocessing menu?

0 Kudos
NourSalamJMT
New Contributor II

I am getting this error in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.3 when trying to add a new domain in a geodatabase.

0 Kudos
JessicaGooch1
Occasional Contributor
Genius! Thank you so much asrujit!
That worked perfectly.