Select to view content in your preferred language

ECW JPEG200 Toolbar

02-21-2012 04:00 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Frequent Contributor
We have certain users having issues with the ECW JPEG200 Toolbar, when trying to grab the catalog from a server.  They type the path in correctly hit Get Catalog and nothing happens, it just sits there.  Yet a person on another computer does the exact same thing and the catalog comes up instantly.  I cant find any solutions anywhere in this forum or the ERDAS website.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems and has a possible solution.

Cheers

Chris
0 Kudos
1 Reply
GordonSumerling
Esri Regular Contributor
Chris,
You don't say which version of ArcGIS you are using. I seem to remember that Erdas recently realeased a new plug-in for ArcGIS 10. For a while the released version did not support ArcGIS 10. I suggest downloading the latest from ERDAS and retry. It also could be a conflict with the version of the ECW dll's installed on your system. ArcGIS does read ECW's natively with the licensed dll's but your ECW tool bar may be installing a different version. Perhap try to uninstall the plug-in and loading the ECW with ArcGIS directly.
If this fails then contact ERDAS directly an they should be able to support you.

Cheers
Gordon
0 Kudos