displaying attachments in popups in AGOL

09-21-2017 10:23 AM
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

I want to add an image to the popup of a feature in AGOL based on photos captured using Collector for ArcGIS but can't seem to figure out how to do this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

In a web browser, login to your AGOL account > Contents > Open (View) Item Details of the desired Feature Layer (Hosted). 

In the Item Details page, you will see the option to enable attachment.

Once the attachments are enabled in the Hosted Feature Layer, you could work with attachments using Collector for ArcGIS. 

Think Location
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

I've already collected my attachments. I'm having an issue adding the images to the configurable pop up in AGOL. I've created a roundabout way of doing this but with 300 points and 400 images it would be nice to automatically do this! My roundabout way is as follows:

As the owner of a feature layer, add a new TEXT field to the attribute table that will hold the URL of the attached picture. Make it long, 500 characters.

In AGOL, add the feature layer to a map.

Start editing the layer.

Click a feature on the map to reveal the edit dialogue.

Right-click the attachment (i.e. “beaverdams.jpg”) and select Copy Link Address.

Click in the PicURL field and hit CTRL-V to paste the url.

Close the edit window.

Repeat.

Configure popups in the usual fashion using PicURL as the path to the image.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor
SharonJanzen
New Contributor III

I did try the tool in the above post but didn't realize I had to add /0 to the end of the feature service URL. Works like a charm!

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad that the solution provided by Jake worked for you! Make sure you stop by his page https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-7445-show-attachments-in-web-map-popup  and mark it as helpful, since he is the one that did all the magic!