Copy existing ESRI GIS Map Services to New Map Servers

Jump to solution
12-29-2013 11:32 PM
StephenLam
New Contributor III
We are using ESRI ArcGIS 10.1, and all Map services with sde layers were created and configured properly in the development environment. How could we re-use these Map services with sde layers and re-deploy them to another the ESRI GIS Map servers ?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
ArcSDE Connection File will be in this location:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.2\ArcCatalog

You can copy the conection file from one machine to the other. However you have to make sure the connection parameters(server name and other details) are correct before connecting to the database from the new machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Copy the materials from old Server to new Server:

\arcgisserver\config-store\services
\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache
\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput
\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput

Retain the name of the folders, including the folder name of cache folder(if the Map Service is cached).

Open the mxd, and  repair/set broken layer data sources if any.
0 Kudos
StephenLam
New Contributor III
Copy the materials from old Server to new Server:

\arcgisserver\config-store\services
\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache
\arcgisserver\directories\arcgisoutput
\arcgisserver\directories\arcgissystem\arcgisinput

Retain the name of the folders, including the folder name of cache folder(if the Map Service is cached).

Open the mxd, and  repair/set broken layer data sources if any.

Thanks for your reply! However, my another server does not installed ArcMAP, and also the currently sde layer will be published to another database, so I was wondering if there is any configuration for changing the sde layer connection to the new one in other ways.

Thanks and regards.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
ArcSDE Connection File will be in this location:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.2\ArcCatalog

You can copy the conection file from one machine to the other. However you have to make sure the connection parameters(server name and other details) are correct before connecting to the database from the new machine.
0 Kudos
StephenLam
New Contributor III
I think the mxd still has the database connection although I imported the sde connection into the new server and modify the connection setting. The conclusion is to install ArcMap on your map server if you consider to do data conversation.
0 Kudos