Calculation Attribute Rule with Views?

01-23-2020 02:32 PM
SteveSchunzel
New Contributor III

I'm just now diving into Attribute Rules and I'm trying to build a Calculation rule that populates a field with ParcelNumber value from our Parcel feature class that is stored in the publication geodatabase (same server).  To eliminate making a copy of this large feature class, I made a view in the current operational geodatabase.  I can see the view just fine in Catalog and the map and my Expression validates, but I'm getting an Error 001841: The class was not found error.  Is it not possible to use views for Calculation rules? 

Thanks - Steve

#calculation rule

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SteveSchunzel
New Contributor III

Maybe I should restate this question a different way - Can I reference a different $datastore for a calculation rule?  I have an editing geodatabase (A) and a publishing geodatabase (B).  While designing and testing in Pro, i'm using direct connects to both A & B, but eventually I want to edit via a feature service.  The goal is to not have to copy content into my editing geodatabase for reference if at all possible.  But I'm new to this concept, so maybe I'm thinking about this incorrectly and should consider a different approach?

0 Kudos