Arcsde 10 - versions table, status 33554433

03-13-2012 06:44 AM
CraigMark
New Contributor III
ArcSDE 10.0

Versions table

Status = 33554433

Any ideas or documentation on what the status numbers mean?  Each version is rec/post every night.  I am not replicating...

- Craig
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor
Hi Craig,

The status attribute within the sde.versions table represents a bit value which has specific meaning and properties to the application.  This value of this field should have no affect to the database and should not be edited.

It would appear that the version you reference is Public.  For example, 33554433 = 2^25 + 1.   In a versions table, status is as follows:

0 = private
1 = public
2 = protected

Are you encountering any issues or simply curious as to the value?

- Jon
CraigMark
New Contributor III
Jon,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm just interested in learning more about SDE...

- Craig
0 Kudos
ElizabethB
New Contributor III
That's very interesting. We too have a version in our SDE w/a status of 33554433. Our sde default version has a status of 1.  We have an interim version (called edit2) that has the status of 33554433, & then when a user creates a child off edit2, their status is 0. We do have an issue where someone tried to create another interim version but it was not created completely - there is not a corresponding entry in the states table.  It has a status of 1.  I cannot delete this version in ArcCatalog, & have done some research on this issue, it seems I will have to manually delete it using Management Studio. 
My question is, does the status of "1" on this corrupt version signify an error? If I create another interim version should it have a status that is 1 digit long, or a status of 33554433?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
collindegueurce
New Contributor III

I thought maybe the status 33554433 denoted a public version that was in the process of editing, but further testing negates that theory. Sure would be nice to get an answer to this question. Just out of curiosity.

0 Kudos
GeorgeJohnson
New Contributor

Did you ever find an answer for this?

0 Kudos
ElizabethB
New Contributor III

We contacted ESRI Support and they walked us through manually deleting the entry from the states table. We haven't had any more issues with it.

0 Kudos
CarrieButler
New Contributor

George, here is what I got from ESRI support on what 33554433 means in sde.versions.status:

"In addition to the representing the Access type of versions [public protected, private], these numbers also reflect other versions editing processes. For example, when performing reconcile and post of one a Child version (Public access level) with the Default version, the value in the STATUS column for the Child version changes to '33554433'. It will change to a different number if working with Geodatabase Replication. Hence, the use of the '33554433x’ number sequences is an expected behavior."

With that info, our rec and post history and the values of status in our sde.versions table, my theory is that 33554433 is a public version that has been posted to the default version. 33554434 is a protected version that has been posted to the default version. A grandchild version of default that has been posted to the parent version but not the actual default version will still show the single digit status codes (0, 1, or 2) for private, public and protected.

TravisStanley1
New Contributor

If anyone is interested, the way to determine the access code from any of these bit codes is below...  or just call the sql function, SDE_get_version_access(@status, @version_owner) returns char.

@status = @status - floor (@status / 4) * 4