Arcmap Drawing Error

10-09-2013 07:24 PM
TroyDawson
New Contributor II
Im in the process of updating our attributes for a child version of our Cadastral database. After selecting the parcel to update ownership information, an error pops up as soon as I change the ownername (or any information in the database for that matter). Please see attached error. I am having difficulties figuring out what is causing this and how to fix it. No information online at all. Some advise on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28210[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Troy,

Are you updating directly through attribute table or using any third party tool. Have you tried it in File Geodatabase. If you are using VBA code for editing, then you can refer a similar forum post.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
That error indicates something related to state lineages.  You object class in SQL Server is versioned, and the particular state ID (43899) being referenced in the error is no longer valid.  Have you performed a reconcile/post followed by a Compress lately?  If not, I would recommend doing that and then trying what you're doing again.  If that doesn't solve the issue, you'll need to consider using SDE command line to identify the problem.  This is first done by diagnosing issues with the state lineages using the command line:

SDEGDBREPAIR -O DIAGNOSE_TABLES -V ALL (refer to the Esri online help for the rest of the parameters required)
SDEGDBREPAIR -O DIAGNOSE_METADATA -V ALL (refer to the Esri online help for the rest of the parameters required)

If issues are returned by these commands, you'll want to run the following commands to address the issue(s):

SDEGDBREPAIR -O REPAIR_TABLES -V ALL (refer to the Esri online help for the rest of the parameters required)
SDEGDBREPAIR -O REPAIR_METADATA -V ALL (refer to the Esri online help for the rest of the parameters required)

Before doing this, please make a backup of your SQL Server database.
0 Kudos