ArcGIS Pro Locator Not matching intersection with //

06-18-2020 09:05 AM
yaserkhouja
New Contributor II

Hi, 

My data use street intersection with // sign instead and. For example, Main street // 7th street. however, the geocoding result are not matching the intersection. I know in ArcMap I could change the property of locator to accept different signs with an intersection, but I can't see it with the new ArcGIS Pro locator. Any advice on how to overcome this issue? 

Thanks in advance, 

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yaser - I created my own Address Locator using the Create Address Locator geoprocessing tool.  Once I ran the tool, I went to the Catalog Pane->Locators.  Right-click->Locator Properties.  In the Locator Properties, I went to Geocoding options and scrolled down to Intersection Connectors and added the // connector option you listed in your question.  Click OK.  The address locator will now recognize Main Street // 7th Street. Hope this helps!

yaserkhouja
New Contributor II

Yea, it will be fine with the address locator. But, I am building one with the new one "Create Locator". It does not have this option. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Correct.  In the GP tool, Create Locator, the option to set this is not there.  You have to set it after you create the locator first as I did in my workflow and then go to Geocoding Options to set the // second.

yaserkhouja
New Contributor II

Yea, in the new locator, I do not see this option at all. here is a screenshot; 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Scroll down further in the Geocoding Options window using the right scroll bar on the UI.  Do you see "Intersection connectors"?

0 Kudos
yaserkhouja
New Contributor II

No, I do not see it. 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

What address locator style are you creating?  For example, "US Address-Dual Ranges" or "General Gazetteer".

0 Kudos
yaserkhouja
New Contributor II

I am building the new locator tool which merges everything together. It is different than address locator. Looks like I can't change the intersection connectors. Maybe I will transform my data before geocoding.  

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah now, I understand.  Different GP tool. I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

0 Kudos