I'm attempting to upgrade my SDE GDB from 9.3 to 10. The pre-req list checks out successful, but when it attampts the upgrade it fails with the following error:
"Could not update ArcSDE server tables and stored procedures. Object was open"
There are no connections to the GDB, server manager is closed. No sde service installed heres the end of the prereqlog and attempted upgrade:
Finished checking prerequisites. Updating ArcSDE server tables and stored procedures. Could not update ArcSDE server tables and stored procedures. Object was open. Unpaused the database. Failed to execute (UpgradeGDB). Failed at Sat Apr 14 12:00:30 2012 (Elapsed Time: 50.00 seconds)
Thanks for the response. The issue has been resolved. I worked through ESRI Tech Support with it. It had to do with orphaned records relating to an older GDB that no longer existed. The thing was when we ran checks for orphaned records nothing was returned, and all my GDB's were compressed to stateid0. So we manually removed columns in sde tables relating to the deleted GDB.
I'm traying to update my GDB(9.3) to the new one which is 10.7.1, when I perform the update operation in my arcCatalogue I got the attached message which tells that (Finished checking prerequisites with errors.failed to execute (UpgradeGDB).