Arc Pro: draw a box zoom possible?

Jump to solution
12-07-2019 01:04 PM
KenLucas
Occasional Contributor

I understand about use the explorer tools and the mouse for zooming. Does arc pro offer zoom buttons, like arc map, for drawing boxes around an area to zoom in?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

The Explorer tool with shift key + left mouse drag is the way to zoom with rectangle.  No other button "zoom tools"

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

The Explorer tool with shift key + left mouse drag is the way to zoom with rectangle.  No other button "zoom tools"

AidaBahtijarevic
New Contributor

That  would be fine just if it worked!!!

I tried and rectangle frame shows on the screen but it does not zoom in.

DenisBeaulne
New Contributor

I am running into the same issue - I'd like to draw a box to zoom into, but I can't seem to get that to work.  I tried @MarkBockenhauer 's suggestion, also with no luck.

0 Kudos
ChetHugo
New Contributor II

Why would mine zoom out when I do this?

0 Kudos
Gianna_BBSRC
Occasional Contributor

This worked great for me! So glad I finallly decided to google this. I was missing the zoom box of ArcMap days. 

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.2

0 Kudos
Moulay_AnwarSounny-Slitine
New Contributor II

I put together a quick video on how to zoom on your map in ArcGIS Pro. 

https://youtu.be/N0tU3d0GKhQ

Zoom in by drawing a rectangle in ArcGIS pro is a little tough to figure it out, but the main trick is to hold the shift key while drawing a box of the extent you want to zoom in. This video shows how to do that while in Map View and Layout View. Happy Mapping.
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

There is a command called "rectangle zoom in" (and "out") that can be accessed via command search (top right) or added to the QAT/Ribbon.

rburkebsrc_0-1647361675013.png

Sean_Wray
Occasional Contributor

Can you share with us how to add these tools to the ribbon?

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Once you see it in command search, R click > Add to QAT.

To get them on the ribbon, I believe you do that from Pro settings but I'm no expert at that. (From that Customize the Ribbon button, somehow)

rburke_0-1695082577220.png

0 Kudos