Align to Edge / Align to Shape tools

06-10-2014 04:20 PM
PeterMichalak
New Contributor
Dear all,

I have been trying to use alignment tools (Align to Edge and Align to Shape) but .... I cannot find either of them...
I've got my Advanced Editor and Topology toolbars active but these buttons are simply not there...

It seems like a pretty easy problem, but for the last 3 hours I've been struggling to sort it out, help anyone please?

I'm using ArcGIS 10

Regards,
PM
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
The Align to Edge tool should be on the Topology toolbar, the Align to Shape on the Advanced Editing toolbar. If not, Click the Customize menu, Customize mode, Commands tab. In the Categories pane, click Advanced Edit Tools, then in the Commands pane, drag the Align to Shape command to the toolbar. In the Topology category, do the same for the Align to Edge command.
0 Kudos
PeterMichalak
New Contributor
Recurvata,
thanks for your answer.

That's the problem I cannot find them. Please see my Topology and Advanced Editing toolbars (attached)
I also went to Customize > Commands > none of these buttons appeard...

Any suggestions would be great

Regards,
Peter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34646[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
No, they don't appear in Customize -> Commands. You have to select the Categories listed above in the Commands tab. For example, click Topology in the left pane (Categories), and Align to Edge should be in the right pane. Drag it to a toolbar, doesn't matter which one.

If you click Topology (or Advanced Editing for Align to Shape), and the tool isn't there, I'd contact ESRI. I'm not sure what license level they're at, possibly that's an issue.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think Peter has ArcMap 10.0, you can tell from the 'old' topology dropdown.
The new align tools were introduced in 10.1.
0 Kudos
Zeke
by
Regular Contributor III
Well, that would explain it.
0 Kudos
PeterMichalak
New Contributor
Well that was the issue, thanks a lot chaps!

Regards,
Peter
0 Kudos